dimecres, 26 d’octubre del 2011

Episode 5: Gavin 1, Catalan - well, probably about 30-odd by now but the comeback is on!

So today I managed to not speak a word of Castellano, well except for one but I’ll get onto that during the course of this post, also a message I sent but that doesn’t count as speaking. Today was all about speaking English and Catalan, and I started at the school with speaking English to all the children as is becoming the norm, it’s becoming a lot easier to remember que no entenc català o castellà. But after school I went to Yoigo to top-up my phone and be unimpressed that for every 10€ you top-up, 1,53€ gets taken off in taxes, also quite confused at the amount now I look at it, I mean that's 15.3%. Oh well. So after doing all that in Catalan I went for a tallat i croissant then home and to the gym, where I managed to ask to go into the gym and later change a 5€ note, all in Catalan, damn I’m getting good :D then some guy in the gym just had to speak to me in Castellano, I’d just finished a set of bicep curls and he asks me “¿es el tuyo?” while pointing at a towel that someone had left on a bench, and now I think about it I didn’t see anyone claim said towel the whole time I was in there. But I responded with “No, no és” and got on with my next set. Then to Eroski where I was forced to use my one word of Castellano to ask where the avenas were, but other than that it all went nice and Catalan, then it’s just been a case of go home, cook tea, have tea, listen to Town match and be highly disappointed that it hasn’t been another 4-0 win, we bloody score 12 goals in 4 away games then struggle against the lowly Scunthorpe. Well, that was my day up to well, just about now really, Adeu.

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada