dilluns, 7 de novembre del 2011

Episode 7: Gavin 1-0 Mosquitos and a return to England

You, the reader, may or may not know that there are an absolute fuckload of mosquitos in Spain, but fortunately I’ve been lucky enough to not get bitten once, not that I have any idea how, but anyway, I went to class on Friday and went to the mediació room with four of the students as is rapidly becoming the norm. So we’re in mediació and they suddenly notice a mosquito, and I swear the girls were more manly about it than the boys, and it wasn’t bad there only being one given that one day last week there were fourteen (again, how I haven’t been bitten I’ll never know) but anyway it went up to the light at the top of the room and seemed intent on staying there, until about 20 minutes later when it suddenly flew right in front of my face, we’ll see about that Sr. Mosquito, BANG! I clapped right in front of my face; more through blind hope than any sort of aim given it was practically on my nose. And I got it; now the next issue was getting rid of its remains from quite literally all over my right hand, or just get off what I could and continue as if there weren’t the remains of a dead disease-ridden winged beast on my hands (literally.)
And you may think that ‘return to England’ part of the title means I came back, but I didn’t (and given my experience up until now, if it was up to me, I wouldn’t), but given the weather, I wondered if I’d been transported back to shitty WankLancashire while I was asleep or something, but then the news came on with pictures of the Basque Country and other parts of Catalunya and, just, wtf? This sort of weather simply does not happen in Spain, especially not when you’re about 7 miles from the Mediterranean Sea, but anyway it’s dies down a bit now and hopefully my next weather issue will be not being able to fly home because Britain’s been buried under a whole inch of snow, but to be fair I kind of hope that doesn’t happen. We shall see.
Anyway, I must be off as I’m continuing my match with Barcelona tomorrow and I’ve just picked up the ball in my area, I will pull one back, ciao.

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada